We are back with some features of Windows XP that are least known to us. This is second part of the topic “7 Features that you didn’t know about Windows XP –Part 1”. Here are the other 7 features:
1. Windows already has IP version 6 support which is the next generation IP and even the ISPs don’t have this support. Type ‘ipv6 install‘ into Run… (it will not change your existing network setup) and then ‘ipv6 /?‘ at the command line to find out more.
2. You can abort processes from command prompt also by typing ‘taskkill /pid‘ and the task number or ‘tskill’ and the task number. Use ‘tasklist‘ to find what processes are going in your system.
3. XP is better than its previous operating systems and you can view important information about your system by typing “systeminfo” in the command prompt.
4. XP keep zipped files like a folder but if you didn’t want it to Continue reading “7 Features that you didn’t know about Windows XP –Part 2”
We often face several occasions when we want to keep our few important files private and in secret especially on the system that is shared by many users. The files may be important documents, files storing private data like passwords or some content that we do not want to share. This can be done in XP with ease and even without using any software.
In order to do this we would make the files possess system attributes and these files will not be shown even if you tick the “Show Hidden Files and Folders” option. Continue reading “Super Hide the Files and Folders”
So by mistake you have shutdown the computer or is it that you forgot to the do the work before you shutdown the system whatever be the case worry not because with this small but handy trick you can stop XP from shutdown even after you have given this command. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that do the trick soon enough after giving the shutdown command.
Open the command prompt and type “shutdown –a” or “shutdown /a” and the system Continue reading “Abort XP from Shutdown”
We all have experienced someday or the other, this problem of Windows XP in which when we double click on the drive it does not open or some dialog box opens up but not the drive. Yes, you know it right; the problem is caused by some virus activity and if you don’t know
how to open this, here is the fix (just make sure that the virus has been removed, else the problem will persist):
When the problem happens, it means that there is a file named “Autorun.inf” in the root drive, but you will not be able to view it as it is a system file. This file is rarely caught by the anti virus. This file makes sure to run the virus and infect your system. This is the file which is responsible to run Continue reading “Double Click on Drive does not open”
Wondering what a key titled ScrLk is doing on our keyboards? Well, it’s a fact that most of us didn’t actually know the function of ScrLk key. I have asked many people but found that this is a key least used by them. Let’s see what this key is doing there:
ScrLk stands for Scroll Lock and is placed between the keys PrtScn and Break. This toggle key is also associated with a light indication, showing whether it’s on or off. The key has got something related to the arrow keys. It was developed to modify the work done by the arrow keys and even its working depends upon the software that is currently in use.
The primary work it used to do was Continue reading “The Use of ScrLk Key”
We all love working on Windows XP, don’t we? It’s been a long time since the release of Windows XP but do we all know our dear operating system completely? If not, then this list compiled by me would surely help you and if it does then don’t forget to inform me about that:
1. Windows can delete files directly even without moving it to Recycle Bin first. Open Command Prompt (windows key + R), type ‘gpedit.msc’ without quotes and then select User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Windows Explorer to locate a setting of “Do not move deleted files to the Recycle Bin”.
2. Windows permits you to run an application on a different user even without logging out. Right click on the icon, select Run as… and then type in the user name and its password. The application will start running in the background.
3. You can make Internet Explorer delete all temporary Continue reading “7 Features that you didn’t know about Windows XP –Part 1”
Vp6 is a popular format used by the EA Games with which they include various movies in the game, though we can only watch the movies while playing the games. It often happens (at least to me) that we wish to see those videos again and again but the only way to do that is to play that part of the game each time.
Yeah, I know how it feels as I also enjoy playing various games. Now it was when I wanted to have that little snippet from one of my favorite games NFS Most Wanted which pushed me to find out “how I can convert vp6 to avi”.
The best possible way available to convert it is by Continue reading “Convert .vp6 to .avi”
So you have blocked a contact in GTalk and didn’t know how to unblock it. Yes, it may sound strange but let’s face it, unblocking a contact in GTalk is not that easy if you are using Gmail to access GTalk.I could tell you that with my experience:
Someday i was busy with my work and inspite of showing a red icon i was pinged by a friend of mine. I asked him not to disturb that time, but he left me with no other option but to Block him. Could you believe, the Gmail had removed the contact from my friends list and left me guessing what to do then.
The problem can be fixed in two ways:
- If you are using Continue reading “Blocked Contact in GTalk?”
To answer this question, I would ask myself “why should I not blog?” Well there are several reasons one can find for blogging but for me the reasons for “why I blog” are:
• Share Views: I want to share my thoughts with the world and also want to know what others feel about it.
• Learn: I feel good to come useful to others by providing with ‘something’ that I can. Now along with the viewers, I would also be gaining knowledge that would be Continue reading “Why I Blog?”
Hi friends, this is my first blog “www.techsalsa.com” where i will be discussing about all sorts of tech related stuffs with you people. So keep yourselves updated.