Skype is not only the media to talk to our buddies overseas but also enables us to chat with many others on some important topics. Most people also discuss some important agenda over Skype as it is very cheap to use. It happens sometimes that we wish to record our some of the important voice calls so that we can listen to them later and see if we missed anything.
By default, Skype does not provide us with any feature to record voice calls hence there are many third party tools over the internet that can help us in this matter. We came across one such tool called Skype Auto Recorder which is in our view, one of the free Skype Voice call recorders available.
Note: In some countries, it may be illegal to record voice calls without your chat partner’s consent, hence we would not encourage you to download and use this tool.
How to use Skype Auto Recorder for recording Skype Conversations:
1. You just need to download and install this tool from the link provided at the bottom.
2. Start Skype and allow the tool to access it so that it can automatically start recording the conversation whenever you call or receive the call from the specified contacts.
3. It will then automatically save the call in .mp3 format to the set location in the specified quality.
Configuring the tool is very easy as you just need to right click on the icon in status bar, and set the options like target save location, target audio format, contacts of people whom you wish to record and whom you don’t.
• Free of charge!
• Recording conversations to high-quality MP3 with variable bitrate.
• Unlimited length of records.
• Simple and flexible configuration.
• Possibility to increase sound volume of the record.
• Doesn’t require any actions from user except initial configuration.
• Silent work in tray with auto connect/reconnect to Skype.
• Filters for recording contacts or group of contacts to different files.
• Possibility to record all calls regardless of specified filters.
• Possibility to exclude contacts (“black list”) so their calls will never be recorded.
• Support of patterns in the output file names.
• Optional autostart with Windows.