A user may also put a BIOS password preventing you to even enter the system but if you wish to access the system do not worry we you can still do it. However, I only recommend this trick for your own personal use.
What is BIOS?
Bios stands for Basic Input Output System and is a firmware code run by a PC when first powered on, which is a type of boot loader. The primary function of the BIOS is to identify and initialize system component hardware (such as the video display card, hard disk, and floppy).
How to Break a BIOS Password?
The following steps work absolutely fine for a Desktop and are the easiest of all.
• Shut down the computer and take out all the plugs connected to electricity.
• Open up the CPU cabinet and locate the CMOS battery on the motherboard (it will be a silver circular battery just like a button cell).
• Remove the battery and keep it out for some 2-3 minutes as this will flush out the CMOS memory which stores the BIOS password and all other configurations.
• Now place the battery back and start the computer normally.
Steps for Laptop:
• Open up the BIOS at the time of booting.
• There are some backdoor passwords which the manufacturing company had set that will be accepted by the BIOS. You will just need to know the make of your BIOS. Try out the passwords from these lists.
List of Award BIOS backdoor passwords:
BIOSTAR, AWARD_SW, AWARD SW, AWARD PW, CONDO, LKWPETER, J262, 01322222
List of AMI BIOS backdoor passwords:
AMI, AAAMMMIII, BIOS, PASSWORD, A.M.I., CONDO
List of PHOENIX BIOS backdoor passwords:
phoenix, PHOENIX, CMOS, BIOS
You may also want to try this utility CmosPwd 4.8