So if you have forgotten the password of your admin account in Windows XP or just want to break in the Admin account of your college or office, do not worry, you can easily do that. However, I recommend this trick only for your personal use. There are numerous ways available to do so but the best possible way is to use EBCD (Emergency Boot CD), download from here.
1. After you have downloaded the EBCD, extract and run “makeebcd.exe” to create an iso image for burning on the disk.
2. Set Bios to boot from the CD Drive and insert the CD created in above step. You will see the following image, type 5 to select NT password for editor (Linux-based).
3. Then press Enter in the next step to proceed.
4. Press Enter again if you don’t keep Windows on SCSI drive.
5. Select which drive contains your installation files or just press Enter to accept the default value given in the bracket. If your installation is in C: drive just press Enter.
6. Press Enter in the next step to accept default values.
7. Press Enter again.
8. To enter password, press Enter to select the default option.
9. Select the username. To enter password for Administrator just press Enter.
10. To change the password just leave it blank and change it later after login (modifying password at this step will not work).
11. Press Enter to confirm.
12. Type ‘!’ and press Enter in the next step.
13. Type ‘q’ to quit.
14. Type ‘Y’ to write the SAM files.
Congratulations the password has been reset. So just login with no password and enter yours.