Note: I haven’t tried the tool myself, and since the tool involves major changes in the system, I advise you to first check all the instructions, reviews and comments before using it.
One of our readers wanted to change the boot logo or the animation which comes when booting the system. If you also try out the same, then here is something that I found recently. Changing the boot screen can provide you with more options of seeing the same screen in a different way that you like rather than seeing the same old and boring logo daily.
The tool is called Windows 7 Boot Updater and is a program using which we can update the Windows 7 booth animation and text. Using this tool you can have your own animation or the text on the boot screen and give your system a new look.
As the developer mentioned on its website, the product is being tested, so the use of the tool is at your own risks. I don’t know how many of you would like to use it, just wanted to share it with you people.
• Modifies the boot animation, colors, text, and background
• Modifies the resume from hibernation screen as well
• Will create the animation from 105 BMP, PNG, GIF, or TIFF images or use a single (non-animated) image
• Does not require any other applications (like ImageX)• Designed to be idiot-proof by having numerous checks
• Automatically backs-up the modified files
• Does not require test-signing or no-integrity-checks to be enabled
• Works for all versions of Windows 7: any language, any edition, 32-bit or 64-bit, RTM or SP1
• Available in English, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian, French, Dutch, Hungarian, Hebrew, and Vietnamese (contribute a translation)
• Works even if your setup has the hidden “System Reserved” partition
• Can be run as a GUI, command-line program, or installer/uninstaller
The “How to Use” instructions are simple and are provided at the developer’s site which you should definitely read before trying it. To change the animation, you will need to create your animation with the tools mentioned on the page too.
Creating a restore point of the system and backing up the items being changed might help you in time of crisis.