Lately, I read about more and more alternatives on how to access blocked websites without using proxies. However, what people don’t know is that these methods fail in most cases because filters are using advanced technology in order to block access to specific files. Moreover, many of open proxies are being blocked by Internet filter. The best option in this case is to use a VPN connection or a Hide IP software.
VPNs are Virtual Private Networks or tunnels created over the public network “Internet”.
- A great advantage of a VPN is the fact that provides high security level, using advanced encryption and authentication protocols to protect data.
- VPNs act like an intermediate between you and the site you visit. In this way, hiding your IP address allows you to browse websites in complete anonymity.
- More than allowing you to access blocked websites, a VPN allows you to access all kinds of applications anonymously: browsers, chat clients, e-mail, etc.
- An important disadvantage of a VPN is that they are slower than direct access to the network.
- Some of the best free VPN providers are: AlonWeb (alonweb.com), UltraVPN (ultravpn.fr) and HotspotShield (hotspotshield.com).
Hide IP address software are specially designed applications that will hide your IP address allowing you to access blocked websites and bypass filters.
- Hide IP address software are easy to use and the installation take place in seconds.
- There is a wide variety of applications starting with simple one (which have one proxy) to more complex (have an entire list of proxies and beside online anonymity provides online privacy).
- Some of them have high quality proxies from all over the world and extra options to manually add a proxy to the list or to test proxies in advance.
- Compared to VPNs, a hide IP software most probably will not allow you to access all kinds of applications anonymously but only websites.
- Most known hide IP address software are: Tor Project (torproject.org), IP Privacy (privacy-pro.com), UltraSurf (ultrareach.com), Not My IP (privacy-gateway.com) and Hide My Ip (hide-my-ip.com).
Compare the features of these two methods and decide which technology suits better in your case.
This is the guest post written by Elisabeta Ghidiu.