iTalk is a good iPhone application to record sounds and store them in memory. It stores all the sound recorded by you in the .aif format.
iTalk requires another software to transfer audio recordings to the PC with Wifi but here is a method with which you can save the recordings from iPhone to computer easily (if you have another sound recording app then also you can transfer the files).
Steps to move audio from iPhone to computer
2. Connect the iPhone with the USB cable.
3. Now navigate to the folder location User/Applications/
4. There must be many folders; each folder is of the application installed on the phone.
5. You then need to see each of the folders for its name (in my case it was the folder with the name starting with 9B549A03… that belonged to iTalk).
6. Click on Documents -> Recordings. Your recordings will be there on the right side in the .aif format.
7. Right click and save them to the PC.
Though it requires some work but won’t you do it for your recordings?