Graphics Interchange Format (GIF) is a bitmap image format which supports 8 bits per pixel, supports animations and allows a separate palette of 256 colors for each frame. GIF is designed to allow users to define new blocks. You can convert a video in such a manner that your videos which are in MBs will convert into KBs. Wondering the relation between GIF images and movies? Read on.
If you share movies from your mobile it will use up all your bandwidth. If you have an Android phone, instead of sharing the whole movie, sharing it by converting it into GIFs is a much better option. A GIF file can be easily sent by phone in seconds and will not use much of your data bandwidth. In an Android phone you can convert a video/movie in animated GIFs by using app called GIFDroid.
• First install GIFDroid from the link at the bottom or from the Android market.
• If you want to convert an existing video, tap on Select Video or if you want to make a new video tap on Record Video.
• Now choose the section of the video which you want to convert, if you are capturing new video then look for the proper availability of light.
• Select the frames from the video you’d like to use. This is a great way to cut out sections where nothing of importance is shown and reduce the size of the animation.
• Tap the Create GIF text in the bottom right-hand corner to finalize the project.
Your GIF file would be created within seconds. Now you can share this file without thinking about the data bandwidth. This tool is easy to use and requires Android 2.1 or up. However if you install the free version it will show a watermark of the company on your file. If you want to remove the watermark you have to purchase the application.