Most of you must have known till now that deleting data from a CD or a CD-R is not at all possible, but to your surprise, here is a simple trick that will enable you to delete and remove data from an already recorded CD.
Why delete data from CD?
You will surely find this trick helpful, if
• You want to dispose off the CD without the secret data burned onto it.
• You have accidentally burned some data onto it that you think should not be there.
• You have some data on a disk that you do not want it to be seen by other people.
• Or just any other reason.
How to delete data?
1. To be able to delete the data, you need Nero (CD burning software).
2. Load the CD in the drive and open Nero.
3. Click on Make Data CD option.
4. Now in the add data section, instead of adding data, select the file you wish to delete
and click on Delete button right to it.
5. Now just proceed as usual and burn the CD.
6. The data would get deleted from the CD as you can see in the screenie I took on one of my old CDs.
• Works only on Data CDs.
• Though the CD will work absolutely fine afterwards, you won’t be able to delete any data further.
Got any ideas? Let me know.