Windows store in windows 8 was a new addition, made in the history of Windows. It was actually created with a hope of making the user experience of finding new software even easier. The Store adopts the Metro style, and promotes popular apps and games. The store features a number of new Metro-styled apps from both Microsoft and third-party developers.
However, if you are using windows 8, just for testing purpose or if you are using it in corporate world, you might not require windows store. So if you want you can disable windows store on your system by following these steps:
• Open the run command box using windows logo+R key combination and type gpedit.msc.
• Now find “User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components” in the pop-up window.
• Under windows components you will find an option for “store”. Hover your mouse pointer on this option and click on it, you will find a setting to turn off the Windows Store, double click on it to disable windows store.
• After opening this setting, click on Enable (as we are going to enable the turn off settings)
• Now you will need to enforce the updated policy to take effect on your PC, to do this press the Windows + R key combination, when the run box open type gpupdate /force and press enter.
As soon as you hit enter, all your settings will take effect instantly and you will see that option for Windows store has been vanished from your system or if the option is still present you will find that it is disabled.