Are you screwed by the problem that when you Double click on some drive it opens in a new window? Then do not worry you can fix this problem manually in seconds.
First of all check if by mistake you haven’t ticked the option under General tab in Folder Options. If not it means that the problem is due to some virus activity.
Steps to fix the problem:
• Open start menu and click Run.
• Type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
• Click Ok and if this message shows “DllRegisterServer and DllInstall in shell32.dll succeeded” that means the problem is solved.
• In Run type regedit.exe to open the registry editor.
• Traverse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Directory/Shell
It seems that the above solutions work does not for everyone, so here is a registry file that may come handy. Just extract the archive and merge the registry by double clicking. Make sure to reboot.
One of the methods listed above will definitely solve your problem.