If you are s network admin or someone managing the network then you need some tool that can help in the network management activity else it would be very difficult for you to do this job. One of our readers also wanted to know some way of determining the IP address of a client connected to the server anywhere on the network.
Well with this free tool called IP Tools, you can do more than just determining the IP address of a computer connected. IP Tools offer lots of TCP/IP utilities in this single program which will surely help you. To be specific the tool is a combination of 19 helpful TCP/IP utilities in a single program.
The utilities that you can make use of with this tool are:
• Local Info: Examines the local host and shows info about processor, memory, Winsock data, etc
• Connection Monitor: Displays information about current TCP and UDP network connections
• NetBIOS Info: Gets NetBIOS information about network interfaces (local and remote computers)
• NB Scanner: Shared resources scanner
• SNMP Scanner: Scans network(s) for SNMP enabled devices
• Name Scanner: Scans all hostnames within a range of IP addresses
• Port Scanner: Scans network(s) for active TCP based services
• UDP Scanner: Scans network(s) for active UDP based services
• Ping Scanner: Pings a remote hosts over the network
• Trace: Traces the route to a remote host over the network
• WhoIs: Obtains information about a Internet host or domain name from the NIC (Network Information Center)
• Finger: Retrieves information about user from a remote host
• LookUp: Looks for domain names according to its IP address or an IP address from its domain name
• GetTime: Gets time from time servers (also it can set correct time on local system)
• Telnet: Telnet client
• HTTP: HTTP client
• IP-Monitor: Shows network traffic in real time (as a set of charts)
• Host Monitor: Monitors up/down status of selected hosts.
• Trap Watcher: Allows you to receive and process SNMP Trap messages.
Lear about these features here.
You can use the tool for even all these 19 operations at the same time. The results obtained can also be exported to some text or HTML file for reporting purposes. The tool is easy to use, and is highly interactive which will ensure that you don’t face any problems what-so-ever.
The tool is, however, not compatible with Win 7 or 8. You may still check the link below for the requirements and the more details about the tool.