Gtalk and Yahoo Messenger are quite popular these days for chatting and it often happens that we may end up disturbing one of our friends who will be forced to block us. If you want to know “How to unblock a friend in Gtalk” then read this post of mine.
Checking if someone has blocked us in Gtalk or not is easy and this can be done by using a utility known as Pidgin. Pidgin is a multi-protocol Instant Messaging client that allows you to use all of your IM accounts at once. It works with hell lot of applications like AIM, SIMPLE, Gadu-Gadu, Google Talk, ICQ, Groupwise, IRC, MSN, Bonjour, MySpaceIM, Yahoo, Zephyr etc.
Steps to see if you are blocked in Gtalk:
1. Run Pidgin and login to your Gmail account.
2. Click on Buddies then click on Show Offline Buddies, this is required to list all friends
including those who have blocked you.
3. Now to the contact you suspect, right click and select “Get Info”.
4. Selecting this option will show the details of the contact but it will not show the details if the person has blocked you.
5. Since the person has requested to block you he will always appear offline to you.
So go ahead and see who all have blocked you.