As we all know, most of the computer problems are caused by computer viruses it is the Operating System that suffers a lot after that.
Even if you have removed the virus from the system, it would have already done so many problems in your system that you wish to format it. While in most of the cases, the problems can be fixed by using some tools but if there are so many problems then we usually wish to format it.
It would be worthwhile to note that Repair done using Windows CD can fix almost all the Operating System problems. So in case you don’t want to format your computer then you should Repair it.
1. Boot from Windows XP CD
2. Press ‘R‘ to start recovery console.
3. When asked to select Windows, type ‘1‘ (default) for “C:\Windows”.
4. You will then be asked to enter Password for Administrator, leave it blank or enter password of your choice.
5. In the command prompt type Copy C:\windows\repair\system C:\windows\system32\config\system
6. When asked, Press Y to overwrite files.
7. When done, type Exit to restart the system.
Most of the OS related problems would have fixed now.