Never thought that this can be a problem but it is true that one of our readers wanted to know what to do when System Restore does not open.
You can also open system restore by typing %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe in Run box (try running this command before trying following steps).
So to keep it short and specific, here are the steps:
1. Check if the System Restore is enabled or not
• Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> System Restore tab.
• Uncheck (if any) the option of Turn Off system restore.
2. If still the problem is not solved, then try re-installing it.
NOTE: Reinstalling System Restore will delete all existing restore points.
• Type %Windir%\INF in Run box.
• In the window that opened, find the sr.inf file, right click on it and click Install and reboot.
Now try opening the System Restore again, I am sure it will work.