This is a common problem these days that the option of “Show hidden files and folders” always gets reset each time when we set it to show the hidden files. This is sure a case of infected system either with Trojan or virus.
Possibly the system is infected by a virus named “amvo.exe”. So let’s remove this first to be on a safer side.
Steps to remove amvo.exe:
1. We need to delete following files
2. Open command prompt by typing cmd in the Run box. Then type
• cd windows\system32
• attrib -s -h -r amvo*.*
• del amvo*.*
Steps to fix the problem:
1. Now open registry editor and navigate to the entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folders\Hidden\SHOWALL
2. On the right side see the entry named “CheckedValue”, if the value is set to ’0′ change it to ’1′.
3. The “DefaultValue” under the “CheckedValue” should be set to ’2′.
4. Click Refresh under the view tab and if the entries the same that we set just now that means the problem is solved.