By default our Windows Media Player support lot of codecs but there are some which even it is unable to recognize. Like there is Flac audio format, which is the best audio quality available. FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality.
Like jpg is an image format in compressed form of RAW quality images, we have FLAC format which is uncompressed form of the audio. Now some people like to save audio in this quality in their system, if space is not an issue as FLAC consumes around 5 times space as compared to mp3. But if you want to convert this format into mp3 you can do so with some audio converters.
There are many audio converters available but not each come without any restrictions. Here is a converter that can convert FLAC as well as other formats into mp3 and others for you easily. The converter is called Free Mp3 Wma Converter, and is a freeware.
Free Mp3 Wma Converter can Convert all your Mp3, Wma, Ogg, Aac, M4a, Ac3, Ape, Flac, Wav files:
• Mp3 to Ogg, Mp3 to Wma, Mp3 to AAC, Mp3 to Wav
• WAV to Mp3, Wav to Ogg, Wav to AAC, Wav to Wma
• Wma to Mp3, Wma to Ogg, Wma to AAC, Wma to Wav
• Ogg to Mp3, Ogg to Wma, Ogg to AAC, Ogg to Wav
• AAC to Mp3, AAC to Wma, AAC to Ogg, AAC to Wav
• Ape to Mp3, Ape to Wma, Ape to Ogg, Ape to Wav
• Flac to Mp3, Flac to Wma, Flac to Ogg, Flac to Wav
• M4a to Mp3, M4a to Wma, M4a to Ogg, M4a to Wav
• Ac3 to Mp3, Ac3 to Wma, Ac3 to Ogg, Ac3 to Wav
You will also be able to convert your Itunes music library (m4a format) to mp3, wma, ogg, etc.
The tool is a freeware just be more careful while installing this as it tend to install some other shareware tools along and also make some changes to toolbar, homepage etc. but this can be avoided if you install only what is required.