For all those who are looking for a free and reliable partition manager for Windows, this article shall help a lot. The tool I am reviewing here is called the Partition Assistant which is a completely free partition manager software for Windows.
Partition Assistant allows you to manage partition, redistribute disk space easily, and you can use it to perform more complicated partition operations on your hard disk, like the commercial Partition Magic. Partition Assistant comes in two variants, Home Edition and Professional Edition.
Partition Assistant can Resize and Move Partition, Extend System Drive, Repartition, Merge, Split Partition and so on. While Partition Assistant Home edition is completely free tool that supports 32 bit Windows operating systems including Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7, on the other hand, Partition Assistant Professional edition is not free as it supports business environment or 64 bit Windows platform.
• Extend NTFS partition without restarting computer.
• Resize and Move partition to optimize disk space management.
• Extend Partition Wizard help you step by step expand the size of your selected partition.
• Merge two or more partitions into a larger one.
• Split one partition into two or more.
• Clone/Copy Disk, Clone/Copy Partition
• Create, Delete and Format partition.
• Convert file system from FAT to NTFS.
• Wipe permanently sensitive data to anti-recovery.
• Wipe hard drive, Wipe Partition.
• Repartition by drag & drop mouse on a disk panel.
• Support resizing NTFS and FAT32 file system.
While the free version can work for most of your needs, you may need the professional edition in case you work on the 64-bit Windows.
The Professional edition of the tool costs around $29.00, and if you are definitely interested in having this then TS is offering 1 license of the Professiona edition of Partition Assistant free to its readers.
So if you are impressed with the tool and wanted to get the free license then here is how to:
1. Just subscribe to our free computer tips and tricks by entering your email address in this link. Don’t forget to confirm your subscription by clicking the link in the email received.
Note: it is free too.
2. Join us on Facebook.
3. Drop a comment below with your name.
Make sure that you type in the correct email ID of you else you won’t be able to receive the license via email.
The winner will be selected on a random basis within a week’s time and will be notified by email.
The winner have been randomly selected as David, Congrats David for receiving the tool.