Most of the people save their documents and other important files online. They take advantage of online storage space in order to minimize the loss of their important data. A good news for those who are using Google as their online storage server, recently Google has launched its newest Cloud storage service called “Google Drive” which is actually more than just a storage space provider.
The Google drive lets you share documents, media, and other files with your friends and relatives for easy viewing. The basic account comes with 5GB free storage space, and with premium accounts starting at $2.49 a month for 25GB. Currently this service is only available on Windows computers, Apple Macintosh computers, and on Android phones. But the provider is still working to get it for iPhone and iPad.
This service gives you the option for instant access to Google Docs and lets you edit your documents online so that you can edit it with your teammates and get better suggestions.
The most amazing features of this service are:
1. You can easily create and work together with your teammates on Word documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
2. At the time of sharing the document you don’t have to attach the file with the email, just send the link of the file from your drive and all your recipients can view the document.
3. Google give you a powerful search engine that enables you to get your files faster. You can Search for content by keyword and filter by file type. Google Drive can even recognize objects in your images and text in scanned documents.
4. You can comment and discuss on your documents
5. And last but not the least is ‘Go back in time’ that helps you to view the changes that you have made 30 days back.
Google drive offers you 4 types of plan. One is the basic account that is free of charge and offers you 5 GB space for uploading you content; others are a paid version-25GB for $2.49/month, 100GB for $4.99/month and 1TB for $49.99/month. You can choose any of the above plans according to your usage.