Seems a simple post for today but let’s face it, most of the computer users come across trouble while they try to resume computer from a stand by state.
So if you also don’t know much about the Stand By stuff then here are the steps that will guide you.
How to put your computer on standby:
1. You can put your desktop/laptop on standby by manually selecting the standby option when you click the turn off button.
2. By pushing the power button (if the button settings are stand by)
3. By closing the lid of the laptop
How to recover from standby:
1. To come out of standby, you should press the power button or open the lid of your computer.
2. Moving the mouse also helps resuming.
If it is so simple then why computer does not resume from standby?
The problem occurs when you enter a key or move the mouse before the computer has actually entered into the standby mode.
When you move the USB mouse while the computer is in standby, the Usbport.sys driver calls the USBPORT_CompletePdoWaitWake function. This call is an attempt to bring the computer out of standby, but this call occurs before the computer has fully entered standby. Therefore, the USB mouse and any other USB devices that share the same host controller may stop responding.
This requires Computer Restart and this is when you face problem.