Bored of the same old themes in the Windows 7? You can download many more themes from the sites available but do you know that by default, Windows 7 come up with few more themes. The reason why we cannot see those themes is that these are hidden or locked by default.
So if you also want to save few more Windows 7 themes follow the steps listed below. The steps are extremely easy and would not take more than a minute in installing the new themes in your system.
1. First step is to unhide the folder where these files reside. Open the Windows Explorer, go to Organize tab and then click on “folder and search options”.
2. In the view tab, make sure that you have “Show hidden files, folders and drives” option as checked and the option of “Hide protected Operating System Files” as unchecked.
3. Now either go to the folder or type in the Run box C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT.
4. Here you will find some six folders each having a hidden theme inside.
5. Go to Theme folder inside all the folders listed above, and double click on the theme file. The .theme file will save itself in the Personalization window permanently.
Enjoy the newly unlocked hidden themes provided by Windows 7 by default. Liked this post, drop a comment below.