There had been going several developments in the Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 8 Beta for a long time now and it was finally released on the web to the general public recently.
Internet Explorer 8 works on Windows XP with SP2 or SP3, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista (RTM), SP1 and SP2.
Features of Internet Explorer 8:
• Accelerators: Accelerators allow users to browse faster by eliminating most of the clicks required to access desired content and services.
• Web Slices: using this, users can see the information they want to see most often without going away from the page they are on.
• Instant Search Box: With this feature it has become easier for people to find content of interest and increasing the relevancy of search results. They can now see real-time search suggestions, including images and rich text.
• Smart Address Bar: Provides matches as the user types across History and Favorites searching against all parts of the URL string.
• Enhanced Tabbed Browsing: grouped and color coded tabs.
• InPrivate: this feature helps keep people’s data and privacy from being retained locally on the PC they are using.
See the more details and features list on the official IE8 homepage.