Though Firefox is no doubt a great web browser but the only thing that concerns many people is that it is bit slower to open a webpage. However here is an easy trick with which you can make Firefox run faster. We have already discussed how to make IE8 faster.
The trick would apply better to all the broadband users and to see the difference you got to do this trick.
Trick to make Firefox Faster:
1. Open Firefox, type about:config in the url and hit enter.
2. It may show a certificate message, click the button at bottom to enter the settings page (do not worry).
3. You would see many entries there, navigate to locate the following three
4. Double click the following entries to make them “true”.
Doing this allows browser to make more request to a web page at a time instead of usual 1.
5. Now modify value of “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to 30
This is the number that signifies how many requests the browser should make.
6. Now create a key by right clicking any empty area and then New-> Integer. Name the key as nglayout.initialpaint.delay and set its value to 0.
This key will stop the browser to wait before acting on the information it receives.
7. Restart Firefox.
So how much speed improvement you noticed?