With more and more enhancements in technology we are seeing more and more phishing and hacking attacks on our personal accounts and profiles. These days I get to hear more hacking news than earlier and our no online account is safe from it. Whether it is the email service or the social profile we see our profiles getting hacked every now and then. If you have an account on Yahoo then do read this article as it will help you in tracking your login sessions and find if there is any access attempt on your profile.
Did you know that most of our email services like Gmail and Yahoo provide us a way of monitoring our recent login activities? Well the link to that option is very clear in case of a Gmail (button termed as “Last Access From” right on the homepage) however it is not that accessible in Yahoo. If you are a Yahoo email user then here is how you can check your Recent Login Activity.
1. Either open yahoo.com or the email service mail.yahoo.com
2. Now login with your credentials
3. On the top right side you will see your name which is actually a button to your profile.
4. Hover the mouse over it and in the options that open up, select the Account Info button.
5. Now as a security feature you will again need to provide your password.
6. After you have logged in again, see under the “Sign-in and Security” section for “View your recent sign-in activity”
7. Now when you click on this link, it will open all your recent login activity logs that you have accessed from various Yahoo services like web, cell phone client etc.
The list of the logins will show you at what time and from what location or IP address you have accessed the Yahoo service. In my case as you can see from the screenshot, it shows a different state than where I am actually located but I guess that’s because of the IP address. Overall the country remains where you are.
So I guess it’s a nice way to track when and from where your profile has been accessed.