YouTube had announced the launch of its new feature called Face Blurring this week, which will help users to hide faces in their already uploaded videos with the help of their new tool. This move has been taken by YouTube to protect the privacy of users who wish to keep their identity confidential in the videos yet making it public.
As per YouTube “the function would be of use to activists wishing to share footage of protests involving participants who wanted to remain anonymous”. Not only this, if anyone want to keep their identity private can make use of this tool.
What is Face Blurring?
If you are unaware of this feature, then using this feature you can easily hide the face of people present in the video so as to keep their identity private. This can be done easily using following steps.
How do I use Face Blurring?
Follow the instructions below to use the Face Blurring feature:
1. Log in to your YouTube account.
2. Click your username (located in the top right corner of any page) and select Video Manager.
3. On the right of the video you wish to edit, click the Edit button.
4. You’ll be taken to the edit info page for the video. Click Enhancements.
5. Select Additional Features.
6. Click the Apply button below Blur All Faces.
7. If you’re satisfied with the blurring as you see it in the preview, click Save As.
While YouTube has added a button for this feature, this does not ensure cent percent coverage depending on various facts like:
Depending on the angle, lighting, obstructions and video quality it is possible that certain faces might not be blurred. As per YouTube, anonymity is not guaranteed in this and people should take care of other things too if they wish to hide their info.