On March 17, Apple unveiled details about iPhone OS 3.0 software and released the new iPhone Software Development Kit for developers. The update will be having more than 100 exciting features but you will have to wait till summer to get the new version.
Below are the major features of the new iPhone 3.0 software update:
• iPhone will now be able to support cut, copy and paste that means you can copy text and pictures, then paste them in any application on the device. But if you want to undo paste then just shake the phone.
• In-App purchasing: Developers will be able to charge the fee from within the application like for more levels of the game.
• MMS: send MMS and voice messages easily over iPhone 3G (1st gen iPhones will not be able to use the MMS due to the use of a different cell radio).
• Push notifications: as claimed by Apple last year, it will be available finally with this update.
• Peer-to-Peer connectivity: Play or share anything between iPhones over built-in Wifi or Bluetooth.
• Landscape keyboard: Type in landscape view.
• Spotlight searching: Search anything in the whole phone right at the home screen.
• Stereo Bluetooth audio devices are now supported through the use of A2DP technology.
• Surf Internet on computer through iPhone’s net connection (carrier specific).
• Ability to interact with many Bluetooth devices apart from headsets alone.
• Shake phone to change music.
• BP and Diabetes monitor.
• Chat over iPhone with team while playing game.
Note: A2DP technology and the use of MMS will not be available on 1st generation iPhones as those differ in Bluetooth spec used and the cell radio used.
Well these are just the main features out of many upcoming; I can’t wait to get my hands on it. Can you?