The problem was faced by one of our readers that after surfing the Internet with IE for sometime the browser redirects the page to this address “res://C:\WINDOWS\seystem32\shdoclc.dll\400.htm”.
The default homepage of the browser also becomes the same URL (given above) automatically on own.
Solution to the problem
1. To solve this problem, make sure to perform the following steps.
2. Clean up all the temporary and waste files from the computer including the cookies and offline content. For that you can make use of “Disk Cleanup” utility in Windows.
3. Uninstall all the toolbars, if any, from the browser.
4. Run regedit to open the Registry Editor.
5. Navigate to the following key (you are likely to find this
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main and look for the key Default_Page_URL on the right side and delete it.
Reboot may be required to solve the problem.