One of our readers came across this problem that his Address Bar went missing from the Internet Explorer and was not coming back even if he tried restoring from the toolbar. If you also have the same problem then here is the solution.
Address bar, also known as the Location bar is used to enter the URL of the site to be visited and also holds the drop down of recently visited addresses.
The problem is mostly seen in IE and may occur if the Toolbar settings are set to remove the Address bar, or if there is a problem with a registry key.
Method 1: By changing Toolbar Settings
1. Start Internet Explorer, click View and then point to Toolbars
2. If the Address Bar is not checked then check it but if it is checked then first remove it and then check it again.
Method 2: By deleting the WebBrowser registry key
1. Open the registry editor by typing regedit.exe in the Run box
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
3. Right-click on the WebBrowser key (in the left side of the editor), click Delete, and then click Yes.
4. Now open Internet Explorer, click View and then point to Toolbars. The default settings for the toolbar will be restored.
Method 3: Run box
Type the following code in the Run box
REGSVR32 /i BROWSEUI.DLL
Press OK and reboot.
One of the solutions would have worked for you.