This is a strange problem that an error message came up every time on start up that read “Error Loading C:\PROGRA~\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL the specific module could not found“. This was also the problem of one of our readers.
Why this error occurs?
Often we are enticed by the advertisements that claim to provide you things for free like the one of “Free Screensavers”. When we click those ads, which are not genuine, we end up installing many things in our system like Toolbar and Adwares.
The error occurs due to the Mywebsearch Toolbar that gets installed along with many adwares and spywares when we click on illegitimate links on the web. So here are the steps to fix the problem.
1. Go to Control Panel and uninstall all the illicit toolbars that you have recently installed.
3. Now open registry editor (type regedit in Run box).
4. Go to Edit->Find and search for M3Plugin.dll.
5. Delete all the entries related to it.
6. Now go to the key, HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run and delete the registry keys associated with problem like if you see C:\Progra~1\Mywebs~1\Bar\1.bin\M3plugin.dll then delete it.
7. Verify that the Shell key at HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon has a value Explorer.exe only (as shown).
1. Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns), download Autoruns and extract the file there.
2. Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe
3. It will scan and when it is done, it will say Ready at the bottom.
4. Scroll the entries and search the M3Plugin entry there.
5. Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
6. Reboot to see the error removed.