It can happen sometimes that you have some image that you downloaded from internet and which on opening with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer displays an error message “No Preview Available” or “File format is not supported”. The problem happened to one of our readers and here is the solution for it.
• According to the MS article, the problem occurs if the graphic file is compressed.
• However to solve this just make sure that you have turned this option off in the web browser.
• Open the Internet Explorer and go to Internet Properties.
• Click the Web Graphics tab, click Never compress graphics, and then click Apply.
• Click the General tab.
• Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
• Click OK if you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
• Click OK.
The problem should have gone.