Recently, one of our readers came across this problem in his laptop after due to power failure his laptop crashed suddenly. Now he is unable to load his computer as he every time he boots up he come across this message “Windows Checking for Errors” which displays the “OS Loader Missing” message. If you guys are also facing this issue on your Windows computer, then we have a solution for that.
Now as the message says, it is a clear case of missing or corrupt OS loader file in the Windows hive. To be able to solve this issue you don’t need to format the computer and re-install Windows, however you just need to replace the corrupt file from the genuine Windows disk.
A simple solution to this problem is to the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE). This process is good for fixing the following items:
• A master boot record (MBR)
• A boot sector
• A Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store
1. To run the Bootrec.exe tool, you must start Windows RE.
2. Put the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.
3. Press a key when you are prompted.
4. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.
5. Now in the home screen you see, click the button of Repair your Computer.
6. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
7. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt
8. This will open the command prompt for you to execute commands. Here type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER.
9. Restart your computer and to make the changes.
There are some other configuration settings that can be done from here, to see that visit the MS page here.
Let me know if this solution worked for you or not.