Our computer looks fresh and good with our desktop icons. We all must have placed some or other icons on our desktop and thus it has become a common problem that we often see either Blue or a different Color Shadow under the icons placed at our desktop.
So if you are also facing this problem and doesn’t actually know how to fix this problem then here is the solution.
1. This problem is only caused when we have selected the option of “Lock Web Items on Desktop”. To turn it off, right click on the desktop and go to “Arrange Icons By” and uncheck the option of “Lock Web Items on Desktop”.
2. This option should have solved your problem but if you just like to change the blue color and not turn it off, then right click on desktop.
3. Click on Properties -> Appearance -> Advanced button. Now select “Desktop” from the Item drop down list and choose the desired color in the “color1” option.
One of our readers ersin, found a working solution which is
- Go to Display Properties -> Desktop tab -> Customize Desktop -> Web tab
- Make sure that you have both the web pages listed below and the option Lock Desktop Items Unchecked.
- OK and exit.