This is the problem that occurs to several people using Windows, as was faced by one of our readers. This problem occurs when trying to install, uninstall or remove any program from the Windows. When performing these actions the setup stops stop at the following error message preventing us to either install or remove an application from the computer.
The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.
The Windows Installer service handles the files of .msi extensions. Solution to this problem is not at all difficult and will surely prevent you to format your PC.
• Type the following commands in the command prompt. To launch prompt type cmd in Run box. Then type net start MSIserver and net start dcomlaunch
• Rebooting may be required.
• Type services.msc in the Run box to open all the services running in the system.
• Locate Windows Installer service.
• Verify that the Status is Started. If the Status column is blank, right click on Windows Installer and select Start.
• If you face an error trying to start the Windows Installer service, try to change the Startup Type to Automatic (default is Manual), and then restart the computer.
• Note: to revert to any unlikely changes, create a restore point before performing following steps.
• Download Dial-a-fix application from here.
• Dial-a-fix will unregister the service using its own command: msiexec.exe /unreg.
• To re-register the service, Dial-a-fix executes msiexec.exe /regserver and then registers the DLL msi.dll.
• Just check the box to fix your problem and hit Go.
Hope any method of above solves your problem.