The problem was faced by one of our readers who faced the following error message whenever he clicked on a drive to open it and see the contents.
“This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator”.
Cause of the problem:
The problem is confirmed to be caused due to change in the default web browser or the Internet Explorer.
Steps to fix the problem:
You can try following solutions and see which one fix it for you.
• Go to Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs, click on Set Program Access and Defaults.
• Open up the configuration whichever is selected and change the default web browser to something else.
• If you use older versions of IE then upgrade it to the latest one.
The problem can be caused due to the corrupt or damaged key HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Classes\htmlfile\shell\open\command.
So just download this file, unzip it and double click to extract the registry.
• Open registry editor and search (Ctrl + F) for the value nocontrolpanel.
• Change its value from 1 to 0.
Do mention the solution that worked for you.