The problem was reported by one of our readers who was troubled by the error message that comes up every time he opens Control Panel and reading
“Windows cannot find C:\Windows\Rundll32.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and try again”.
Cause of the problem:
The problem is caused only due to the damaged or missing Rundll32.exe file from the Windows directory.
Steps to fix the problem:
1. You just need to provide a new file called Rundll32.ex_
If you have XP CD:
• Load the CD into the drive and open the Run box
• Type the command expand X:\i386\rundll32.ex_ c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe where X is the letter of your CD ROM Drive.
If you don’t have XP CD:
• Then download the rundll32 file and type save it into the C: drive after unzipping it.
• Type the command in the Run box expand C:\rundll32.ex_ C:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe
2. Reboot is required.