If while booting the computer in normal mode, you see this error message saying that “Invalid Boot.ini, loading from C:\Windows” then here is the solution to fix this error.
The error comes up while booting but after this the system boots normally as if there is no problem.
Cause of the error
The problem is caused due to missing or corrupted boot.ini file which is usually located in the C drive.
We can solve the problem by providing the same boot.ini file with correct properties.
1. Right click on My Computer -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
2. Now click on Edit button besides the line reading “To edit the startup options file manually, click Edit”.
3. This will open the boot.ini file but if it isn’t there then click OK to create a new.
4. Now copy and paste the following code in it
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=”Microsoft Windows XP Professional” /fastdetect
5. Click save and exit.
6. A new file boot.ini will be created in the C drive, now we need to give it system attributes.
7. Open command prompt (type cmd in Run box).
8. Type the following command
attrib C:\boot.ini +s +h
and press Enter.
9. The problem is fixed.
So just restart the computer to see the problem gone.