One of our readers submitted this problem of not being able to view the names of the users under the User Name tab of the Task Manager while System was listed as usual.
This is very unusual thing and can happen immediately after the system is booted up that is before the system is fully processed. If the user name field is blank under the Processes tab then try the following solution.
1. The problem can occur if the Terminal Services has not started, so to enable it do the following steps.
2. Click Start -> Run and type services.msc
3. Locate Terminal Services and double-click it.
4. Set the Startup type to Manual, and click Apply.
5. Make sure that the service is started and if not then Click the Start button to launch the service manually.
6. Similarly, double-click Fast User Switching Compatibility service.
7. Set the Startup type to Manual, and click Apply.
8. Click the Start button to launch the service manually.
The problem would go and the user names will be listed.