Whenever we plug/insert any storage devices in our computers/laptops, Windows automatically suggests option for the content present on the storage device. However it is always prescribed to scan device for viruses/Trojans because as soon as we plug and open the device without scanning it may lead to installation of viruses/Trojans in your systems.
If you don’t scan the devices before opening in your computer, it will make your system vulnerable to virus attacks. Sometimes we think that Auto play is related to the regular functioning of computers and it seldom creates any problems but it is always better to take preventive steps. This article will let you know, how you can disable the Auto play function on your system.
Steps to Disable Autoplay:
• Go to Run and type gpedit.msc
• Open Administrative Templates and go to Windows Components in right window pane.
• Then look for Autoplay policies under windows components.
• Then click Turn-off Autoplay. This leads you to a pop-up window.
• In the pop up window select Enabled button and in Turn off Autoplay On section select CD-ROM and removable media drives.
• Click ok.
You have successfully disabled the Autoplay properties on your computer and thus you can scan your devices for viruses easily. The device program will not launch itself from now on. Hence you are safe from the Autoplay monster.