Boot.vbs is a virus that can make many unwanted changes in the computer thereby irritating the users. One of our readers was also troubled by this virus, and thus here goes the solution to remove Boot.vbs virus.
What is Boot.vbs?
Boot.vbs is an undesirable program that should be removed instantly from the system. Boot.vbs is added by the W32/Isetspy-C worm and is related to the processes dxdlg.exe, wscript.exe and kinza.exe.
So here is the fix to remove the boot.vbs virus.
1. Before performing the following steps, take a backup of the registry and temporary disable the System Restore.
2. Boot in the safe mode and go to Task Manager to kill the following processes in order:
3. Type msconfig in the Run box and remove the above processes from the startup list.
4. Navigate to the following key in the Registry Editor (type regedit in Run),
5. Now in the right side, right click on Userinit and delete everything except the value “C:\windows\system32\userinit.exe”.
6. Open My Computer and search and permanently delete the following files
Most probably they will be found in the “C:\Windows\System32\” folder.
Reboot in normal mode and restart the System Restore. The problem would have gone.