Win32:Rootkit-gen[Rtk], another Virus, another addition in the list and another solution to remove it. Faced by some of our readers, this was an irritating problem that their PC was infected by this virus.
Symptoms of the problem:
• Win32:Rootkit-gen[Rtk] virus infection notice.
• Resides in ur0.com file which happens to be a virus itself.
• Also resides in System Volume Information folder.
• May also prevent double click opening of a drive.
Steps to remove ur0.com virus
• Run Task Manager, delete the ur0.com process, if any.
• Run msconfig in the Run box and remove the virus file from startup list, if any.
• Reboot into safe mode, search the ur0.com file, and remember to include hidden files option as well.
• Permanently delete the files found.
Steps to remove Win32:Rootkit-gen[Rtk] Virus
• The only reason why this virus infects the PC again is that, it has been saved in the System Restore files.
• So turn off the System Restore now (Right click on My Computer-> Properties-> System Restore tab-> click on Turn off System Restore on all drives).
• Reboot the PC to let the restore files to get deleted.
• Now just turn on the system restore.
The virus has been removed!!