For the users who have been installing the copies of Windows 7 in their systems, this is the update to watch out for. The Security Update KB971033 checks whether Windows 7 is activated legally through Microsoft or it has been cracked using several activation methods.
The best thing that users do while installing the illegal copies is that they do not install this update but in case you have been lazy in searching for this update and have installed in your system then here is how to remove or uninstall it.
Note: The post is for the knowledge purpose only; we do not encourage any sort of piracy.
Uninstalling the installed security update is very simple and the process can be used to remove any update that you have installed. Following method is for Windows 7 but similar action has to be performed in other Windows OS.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program
2. Click on the “View Installed Updates” on the left side.
3. All the updates installed in your system till date will get listed.
4. Select the Activation Update KB971033 from the list.
5. Right click on it and select Uninstall.
The update would get deleted from the system.