Windows task manager is quite simple and don’t have much of the features so if you are looking for some task manager that can give you enough information of the processes running in the background then you should try this process explorer called System Explorer.
Though I have mentioned about the replacement task managers but this is bit detailed and also simple to use. Features of System Explorer are:
• Detailed informations about Tasks, Processes, Modules, Startups, IE Addons, Uninstallers, Windows, Services, Drivers, Connections and Opened Files.
• Easy check of suspicious files via VirusTotal or Jotti service.
• Easy search details about file/process via online databases.
• Launcher (“New Task…” dialog) with integrated AutoSearch and AutoCompletion.
• Action History for monitoring processes activities.
• Performance graphs for monitoring usage of system resources in time.
• System Snapshots for easy finding of system changes.
• System Report builds rich text report containing major informations about your System.
• Multilanguage and Plugins Support.
• Version 2.0 brings brand new user interface and Windows 7 support.
• Security feature with online File Reviews.
• WMI Browser and System Additional Info
System Explorer is a freeware and fairly simple to install and use.