Windows Media Player is the default media player for Microsoft Windows OS. It is pre installed in our systems. Every media player doesn’t support all media formats and thus requires codec files to open different media format files. This problem still persists in Windows 8. This OS also doesn’t support formats like mkv, flv etc.
However to overcome this problem we all install some third party media players like VLC, Real Player etc. The other solution available is to download all supported codec files on your system. Hence, we have found something better for you. Shark007 is a popular codec developer’s community that has developed many codec files for Windows XP, Vista & 7.
The community has finally developed a codec pack for media player on Windows 8. These codec files gives liberty to users to play any media file having .mkv, .flv, divx and many other extensions in Windows Media Player. All you have to do is just Right Click on the installed Codec Pack and Run as administrative to open Codec Settings.
The features of this codec pack are:
• Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled file types like MKV and FLV.
• Allows single click setup of Bit streamed Audio’
• Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
• Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
• Allow users to Enable/Disable codec installed on their system
• Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker built-in.
The above said codec provides UAC (User Account Control) settings for administrators to restrict other users to open any media file. This codec pack supports more than 20 languages and more languages can be added on request. This codec pack is really very good which will allow opening almost all type of media formats.